Different skin types have different nourishment requirements. Having great skin depends not only on your genes but also on what you eat and what products you use. It is important to adopt a good skincare routine to make sure your skin is getting all the nutrients it needs. Make sure you cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize your skin regularly to keep it healthy and bright all the time. But you don’t have to spend a lot of money going to the salons to get treatments done. Try these simple homemade masks and see the difference yourself.
Acne is one of the most common skin issues that are faced by millions of people all over the world. It includes pimples, cysts, nodules, whiteheads, and blackheads. Try this mask to reduce the appearance of acne and get a glowing skin.
- Turmeric (reduce inflammation)
- Honey (anti-bacterial)
- Mix a small amount of turmeric and honey to make a paste
- Gently and smoothly apply over face.
- Let it sit and work its magic for about 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
Skin Tightening Mask
Our skin tends to become loose as we age. However, certain natural ingredients can help improve the skin and tighten it again. Try this homemade masks and you will notice a marked difference in your health and elasticity of your skin. You will feel the skin on your face instantly tighten.
- Egg White
- Lemon Juice
- Honey 1 tsp
- Mix egg white, honey and lemon juice to like a paste consistency
- Apply the mask on your face and neck and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and then splash some cool water so that all pores are closed.
Skin Brightening Mask
Many people face the issue of uneven skin tone. I know I do. I am a typical baby boomer who never heard of protecting your skin from the sun. As you might know, we did the complete opposite. The benefit is that I had a lot of fun in the sun. The downside, is unwanted brown spots. So this is my favorite mask and I apply it on a regular basis. This mask will work like magic on your skin. It will brighten, tone and replenish your skin.
- Lemon juice ½ tsp
- Aloe Vera
- Take a spoon of turmeric in a small bowl.
- Add ½ tsp of lemon juice to it, dab of honey and a little Aloe Vera
- Mix well so that it makes a paste.
- Apply it all over your face and let it dry. It will take around 10 minutes.
- Rinse your face and other body parts with lukewarm water.
Sensitive Skin Mask
If you have sensitive skin, then this mask is for you. It will not only make your skin glow, but it will also give it all the necessary nutrients it needs.
- Cucumber- ½
- Aloe Vera gel- 2 tbsp
- Take half a cucumber and blend it.
- Add 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel to it and mix well to make a paste.
- Apply it all over your face and neck and rinse after 30 minutes with cool water.
Winter tends to leach our skin of all the moisture. Try this moisturizing homemade masks to replenish your skin in dry conditions.
- 1/2 Avocado
- Yogurt- 2-3 tbsp
- Honey -1 tsp
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients.
- Apply the mask to your damp face
- Let it sit until it dries out (10-15 minutes) and then rinse it off with warm water.
Best to follow up with a moisturizing cream
Try these homemade masks for different skin conditions and let us know how they helped you.