Truth #1 Brown Spots are Pesky and Persistant
Brown Spots, Age Spots, Liver Spots, Hyperpigmentation……We have several names for these skin blemishes that sneak up on us, but they all describe the same thing. Characteristically, these spots are some shade of brown in color, appear as we age, are pesky and NO ONE WANTS THEM. They occur more commonly in lighter skinned people who have spent a lot of time in the sun, but it seems few of us are immune to them.
When we are younger, our natural hormones keep them at bay, but as we age and the balance of our hormones changes, brown spots can start to appear. They are persistent. Once you have them, they want to stay. Maybe you have already tried to get rid of them, but as soon as you stopped treating them or went out into the sun, they came back and now you are frustrated.
Truth #2 Best defense is Sun protection
So you are determined to reduce, eliminate and eradicate those pesky brown spots. Your first defense is to protect your skin from further damage. Consider wearing a large hat. I am an outdoor girl who loves to hike, tend my garden, take care of my chickens and soon manage a bee hive. Knowing that I will be out in the sun, I purchased a very large hat that not only covers my face but my neck and shoulders as well.
It’s equally important to apply a sunscreen daily, preferably a natural sun screen that works. It’s especially important if you are going to be outdoors but don’t forget to use it when you are in the car also. Have you ever noticed your left arm has more damage than your right?
You can also get sun protection internally. I like to make a drink using Chaga mushroom. In a nutshell, Chaga contains a ton of melanin which protects it from the sun. When you ingest Chaga or apply it topically, it can do the same for you. You can find more information on the amazing Chaga here.
Truth #3 Brown spots can be lightened
Now that you have made a promise to yourself to protect you skin, I am happy to share with you my research into what ingredients really work and the formula I developed using them.
ZenJenSkin’s Brown Spot Buster Formula
At the age of 58, I have learned that everyone past the age of 40 is looking for a solution to their brown spots. I researched every possible ingredient and have created a formula using ingredients that are based on science. Brown Spot Buster is an all natural formula dispensed in glass vial with a roll on applicator. You can target brown spots that you want to lighten by simply rolling it over the spot.
My search is not stopping here. I am always looking for a plant, oil, or extract that will proven to be effective. I believe in the reversing of age related skin problems and will work toward solutions continually. For more information regarding the Brown Spot Buster click here
Ingredients that work to reduce, lighten brown spots
- Vitamin C, a well know skin brightener, also works to reduce hyper pigmentation. I chose Jack Fruit and Acerola Cherries because they each contain very high concentrations of Vitamin C. PubMed, a researched based paper wrote this article, “Double-blind, half-face study comparing topical vitamin C and vehicle for rejuvenation of photodamage, citing a clinical study of how well Vitamin C works on the skin.
- Ferula Foetida Extract has become known as an effective ingredient to treat hyperpigmentation. At 2% concentration, FSS Ferula Foetida Extract significantly inhibits the activity of tyrosinase, a substance that increases the melanin in the skin resulting in brown spots. For an added boost, we compounded it at a 5% concentration in Brown Spot Buster, the ZenJenSkin way!
- Lemon Peel and Fruit Acids exfoliate layers of skin. I chose to add them because while they are exfoliating, they do the trick of removing layers of dark spots as well. Some home remedies suggest lemons and milk acids in the form of yogurt to do much the same thing.
- Vitamin A is a well know treatment for photo aging. Retin-A, a vitamin A containing compound, has been a popular skin treatment for quite a few years. PubMed documents a study that while the use Vitamin A resulted in noticeable improvements in skin’s appearance and reductions in photo aging, Retin- A applied to the skin can have adverse reactions such as skin irritations. So instead, I chose to use Vitamin A in the form of carrots which have no adverse side effects, but offer similar benefits. Drinking carrot juice also offers great benefits for the skin
- Niacinamide B3 was found to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation, redness, yellowing, and blotchy spots on the face and to be well-tolerated by all skin types in clinical studies by Proctor and Gamble. In one study, a group of 50 women between the ages of 40 and 60 participated in a double-blind, placebo-controlled study with randomized testing over a 12-week period. Participants used either a moisturizer containing a 5% niacinamide concentration or one with no niacinamide concentration. The results showed that the topical solution containing niacinamide yielded more noticeable effects than the one without.
- Derma Peptide Lightening is a patented formula used to repair hyperpigmentation and even out skin tone.
My search is not stopping here. I am always looking for a plant, oil, or extract that will prove to be effective. I believe in the reversing of age related skin problems and I will work toward solutions continually. For more information regarding Brown Spot Buster click here