10 Amazing Benefits of Argan Oil for Hair and Skin
I can finally brush my hair! Thanks Argan Oil
My hair is very fine and I have always had trouble getting a comb through my hair. I often heard “Jen you should comb your hair.” Like I didn’t try. Many times I would just give up and have my hair cut really short to manage the tangles.
When I moved to Black Mountain 10 years ago, I was determined to grow my hair. My hair would often break off so the growth was a slow process. Changing my shampoo and dye to completely all natural along with a healthy diet went a long way. My hair is now down to the middle of my back and I would like to say I could easily comb my hair, but that wasn’t the case. Instead I would give up and put my hair in a braid. It is not like I have not tried the various products on my market. My only solution was a wide tooth comb and that helped a lot. But it didn’t solve the tangles. I became known as the natural girl with wild messy hair. We would laugh about it often.
Now for the good news. Recently I went on vacation with my family. On one of the travels, I lost my wide tooth comb-my only hair alley. Loosing items is a common occurrence, but that is another story. When I got to hotel, there was a gift pack waiting for me and inside was ARGAN oil, my savior. In a rush to get ready for dinner, I had to deal with my extremely tangled hair, so I thought why not, it can’t hurt. I put some in my hand and ran it through my hair. The results were amazing. Not only did a brush glide easily through my hair, but my hair looked really good and was silky smooth. My opinion of course. And as an additional benefit, my hair was not greasy at all and it needs washing less often.
What is Argan Oil and why is it so popular?
Truth be told, I thought Argan oil was just a fad, but since my wonderful experience with Argan Oil, I am taking a closer look.
Argan oil isn’t something that just comes in a bottle. It is a fruit from the Argan tree native to Morocco. Apparently the fruit is so delicious that goats climb up the tree to devour this delicacy. I would love to see that. But no worries, we are not taking from these cute little creatures (might want to get one soon), it is the little nut that produces the Argan Oil.
This production doesn’t happen by itself. The Berber women of Southwest Morocco works to extract the oil by hand. I can’t imagine doing it myself, so thanks to the Berber women for this wonderful oil. As a benefit to them, it is greatly helping support their local economy.
Argan oil is abundant in anti oxidants, vitamins A, C, E, linoleic Acid, Omega 6 fatty acids and rich in proteins. No wonder it is so beneficial to the hair and skin. It supplies just what your hair and skin needs and is often included in beauty products.
10 Benefits of Argan Oil
- Argan is a choice anti aging ingredients improving the structure of the skin and reducing lines. Per pub med, it increases the elasticity of the skin in post menopausal women
- It softens and moisturizes your skin.
- Tames frizzy hair, repairing split end and protecting from further damage leaving your hair silky and shiny.
- Protects your hair and skin from the sun, salt water and any environmental pollutants. If you are a beach lover or swimmer, argan oil is the perfect solution to keeping your hair and skin conditioned.
- Helps reduce hair loss and encourage regrowth. Studies in South Korea has shown that Argan oil helps your hair grow and reduce hair loss by stimulating the scalp with nutrients
- Pub Med article states that Argan oil is helpful in controlling sebum. Too much sebum leads to oily skin and adverse skin conditions. So Argan oil is perfect for someone suffering from Acne.
- Argan Oil has anti inflammatory properties and it used for calm inflamed and sensitive skin.
- Due to its protein content it is helpful in strengthening adding to the elasticity of the skin
- Argan oil helps reduce hyperpigmentation in a study by pub med
- “Argan oil is also used to treat psoriasis, eczema, joint pain, skin inflammation, and scabies, to heal burns and wounds, to cure brittle fingernails, to prevent hair loss and dry hair” per study listed in pub med
Argan Oil in ZenJenSkin care
Up until now, I just thought Argan Oil was a fad. My personal experience has shown that I was wrong. It is an incredible ingredient that I plan on incorporating into my skincare line. Because of its many positive effects on the hair, I will be making a beard oil. I think you will also be able to use it to strengthen, protect and detangle your hair. Argan oil will help reduce the skin irritations and soften the beard. I also will be adding it to my Brown Spot Buster for its effect on hyper pigmentation. As always, I make improvements as I learn and grow.
Hopefully you will find Argan oil a simple solution that will make your day tangle free!